Department of Statistics
B.A. Mathematics (1993) - Belmont Abbey College
M.S. Mathematical Sciences (1995) - Clemson University
M.A. Statistics (1998) - Rice University
Ph.D. Statistics (1999) - Rice University
For the case of 1-way MANOVA and 3 groups, we
have developed equations which provide quantiles of the
multivariate studentized range procedure
which are off by no more than 0.0151 in the worst case, but
generally are a great deal more accurate than that. The strength of
these equations is that they are applicable to the case of unequal
groups as well as the case of equal groups. Currently
the equations can be used for the following situations:
any of the situations
listed above. Non-integer group sizes will work, but are meaningless.
Entering characters anywhere will result in an error. Please enter group
sizes in ascending order.
- quantiles: 0.8,0.825,0.85,...,0.925,0.95,0.975,0.99
- dimensions: 1,2,3,4,5
- group sizes: arbitrary group sizes between 4 and 100 (e.g. n1=8,n2=13, and n3=21).
Code for the equations:
- FORTRAN 77 (79K) mvsr.f. © 1997 Otto Schwalb
- Splus (70K) qmvsr3. © 1997 Otto Schwalb
Publication related to these equations:
- Otto Schwalb and James R. Thompson (1998). "Approximate Quantiles for the Multivariate Studentized Range in the Case of Three Unequal Groups", Proceedings of the Third U.S. Army Conference on Applied Statistics, pp. 111-122.
back to Department of Statistics Home Page
This page last maintained on 4/15/99
Problems or suggestions to